New Services ADDED in 2023
I'm excited to offer a couple of new services to my clients.
Yearly Roof inspections with Minor Roof Maintenance.
After 10 years of doing home inspections I continually see the same maintenance issues on roofs. Cracked shingles, unsealed nail heads, loose flashings, wasp nest in roof exhaust vents, caulking missing from rain collars and debris in roof valleys. These are all items that can lead to future roof problems if not corrected. This service will also include a visual inspection of the roof and let you know if there are any concerns that need to be repaired. This will provide you with a little piece of mind going into the winter and wetter months. Call me today if you would like your roof inspected. See pricing section for details.
The other service is Tankless Water Heater Flushing. These water heaters are becoming more and more popular with home owners. They do require a bit of maintenance every 1 to 2 years as the minerals in the water slowly build up inside the heat exchanger like they do on your shower heads and faucets. The flushing/cleaning will remove the mineral build up and help extend the life of your water heater. With my plumbing & gas certifications and several years in the plumbing industry I'm excited to offer this service to my clients. See the pricing page for details. Have a great day!!
The home inspection industry has started off to a slow start in 2023. Higher interest rates, inflation and lack of homes has slowed the housing market. It is now February and the phone has started to ring a bit more which is a good sign.
Here are some of the deficiencies I have been finding in recent inspections.
1. Home Renovations done without permits and city inspections. This has become one of the top concerns found during home inspections. If you think the home has had some renovation, have your realtor check with the local city hall and Technical Safety BC to see if permits and inspections were done.
2. Loose toilets is still a common item found during my inspections. A new house that I did had 5 loose toilets.
3. Rodent activity in attic spaces. When was the last time you were in your attic. You should check out your attic a couple of times a year. If you see little pathways or large pathways in the insulation you most likely have rodents in your attic.
4. Old water heaters (older than 10 years). I recently found a 25 year old water heater, with no issues. They can last for years without any issues but the Home Insurance industry is dictating when water heaters should be replaced and their time frame is 10 years.
5. Garden hoses still connected to hose bibs during the winter months. This can turn out to be a big issue. If the water that is trapped inside the hose bib body freezes it can cause the brass body to split or crack. Water will start to leak out into the exterior wall when you use the hose bib. It will stop leaking when you shut the water off. Have a plumber check out the hose bib with a pressure gauge to find out if it is damaged.
If you need help with a home inspection I would love to help you out.
Give me a call. 250.870.8340
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.